Humber Bridge 40th Anniversary Mural Competition
Incredible though it may seem, four decades have gone by since this iconic feat of engineering – a bridge that defines a region – was first opened by Her Majesty The Queen.
As part of our 40th Anniversary year celebration, we are inviting local schools to design a mural that will capture that connection and inspiration by exploring the theme, ‘what the bridge means to me’. This could be anything from views of the bridge, trips they may have taken to the bridge, the construction or the royal opening.
The Humber Bridge Board will choose four murals submitted by schools. One from each key stage group:
- Key stage 1
- Key stage 2
- Key stage 3
- Key stage 4
The murals will then be placed at the centre of the bridge on the footpaths to mark the middle where Yorkshire and Lincolnshire meets.
All mural designs and logos submitted must adhere to the requirements as set out below:
- File type: JPG,PDF,PNG
- Format: Landscape
- Dimension: 2000x800mm
- Resolution: 600dpi
- Maximum File Size: 30gb
- Your school must be located within the following four local authorities: Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
- All submissions must be made by Tuesday 4th May 2021.
The four winning murals will be announced via our website and social media on Friday 14th May 2021.
Terms and Conditions
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Entrants will grant full copyright of their mural design to the Humber Bridge Board to use for general promotional purposes.
- Schools that will be eligible to take part in the competition must be located in one of the four local authorities
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Kingston Upon Hull
- North Lincolnshire
- North East Lincolnshire
- The Humber Bridge Board will choose 4 murals submitted by schools. One overall winner from each key stage group:
- Key Stage 1
- Key Stage 2
- Key Stage 3
- Key Stage 4