Toll Concession for the Disabled
The Humber Bridge Board provides toll exemptions for people in receipt of the higher rate of mobility component and the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or the enhanced rate of Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and who have a fully tax-exempt vehicle. The disabled person does not have to be the driver.
People must apply in advance by completing an application form and returning it to the Customer Service Office. They will need to supply a copy of their tax exemption in accordance with their Entitlement Summary or Certificate / PIP / Mobility Hire Agreement or vehicle registration document (V5) and confirmation of registration.
Once their application has been approved, drivers are able to use the ORT and 20 vouchers will be provided for use when travelling through a booth.
Please Note: When the disabled person is not in the registered vehicle, payment will be required at a booth.
There is no limit on the number of tickets a person can have as further supplies are issued when the applicant submits a re-application form; sent out with each batch of tickets.
Please note that approved concession holders can use the open-road toll lanes without stopping at a toll booth to present a concessionary voucher.
Conditions applicable to the Concession:
- The tickets are only valid whilst the disabled person is in the vehicle and your entitlement is current.
- The tickets are only valid for the tax-exempt vehicle whose registration number appears on the ticket. They are not transferrable to any other vehicle, even a temporary replacement.
- The tickets cannot be used in connection with a business.
- A breach of these conditions will result in the withdrawal of the concession.
If you think you may be eligible for the concession please follow this link to our application form that you can print off and send to us. When returning your completed form please enclose the following:
- Photocopy of your Contract Hire Agreement (all pages)
- Photocopy of your PIP / Entitlement Summary with current years date and a copy of Registration Document (V5 Log Book)
If you have any queries please contact the Humber Bridge Customer Services Office during office hours: Monday to Friday, 8am – 4pm. Our telephone number is
Your completed application should be sent to:
The Humber Bridge Board
Please allow ten days for delivery of tickets.