Toll Concession for the Disabled
The Humber Bridge Board provides toll exemptions for people in receipt of the higher rate of mobility component and the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or the enhanced rate of Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and who have a fully tax-exempt vehicle. The disabled person does not have to be the driver.
People must apply in advance by completing an application form, please see below. They will need to supply a copy of their tax exemption in accordance with their Entitlement Summary or Certificate / PIP / Motability Hire Agreement or vehicle registration document (V5) and confirmation of registration, which can be uploaded during the application process. A receipt will be dispatched via email to show the application has been received.
Once their application has been approved, drivers will receive a confirmation email to inform them they are able to use the ORT, along with an expiry date.
Applications need to be completed annually to remain on the concession scheme, please ensure this is completed prior to the expiry date.
Please Note: When the disabled person is not in the registered vehicle, payment will be required at a booth.
If you think you may be eligible for the concession please complete the application form below and provide the following details:
- Photocopy of your Contract Hire Agreement (all 3 pages) Must be all 3 pages
Privately Owned – 2 documents required
- Photocopy of your PIP /Entitlement Summary with current years date
- Copy of Registration Document (V5 Log Book- second-page showing taxation class: Disabled)
Please note that approved concession holders must use the open-road toll lanes.
Scroll down to make your application using our online form.
Conditions applicable to the Concession:
- The concession is only valid whilst the disabled person is in the vehicle and your entitlement is current.
- The concession is only valid for the tax-exempt vehicle/registration number that was provided on the application. The concession is not transferrable to any other vehicle, even a temporary replacement.
- The concession cannot be used in connection with a business.
- A breach of these conditions will result in the withdrawal of the concession
If you require any further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for your concession – click on the correct link below: